US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo says North Korea continues work on its weapons programs despite its leader Kim Jong-un’s promise to denuclearize.
Pompeo on Friday flew back to Singapore where Kim and US President Donald Trump met less than two months ago and announced a broad statement on working towards denuclearization.
Pompeo visited Pyongyang from July 5-7 for inclusive talks aimed at agreeing a denuclearization roadmap, but North Korea accused his delegation of making “gangster-like” demands.
Mike Pompeo’s thuggish approach to foreign relations has offended the North Koreans, E. Michael Jones says.
Last month, he told the US Senate that North Korea was continuing to make bomb fuel after American media reports said Pyongyang was building new missiles.
Asked about his statement to Senate, Pompeo said, “Chairman Kim made a commitment to denuclearize. The world demanded that they (North Korea) do so in the UN Security Council resolutions.”
“To the extent they are behaving in a manner inconsistent with that, they are a) in violation of one or both the UN Security Council resolutions and b) we can see we still have a ways to go to achieve the ultimate outcome we’re looking for.”
A senior US official said on Monday spy satellites had detected renewed activity at the North Korean factory that produced the country’s first intercontinental ballistic missiles capable of reaching the United States.
The Washington Post claimed on Monday that North Korea appeared to be building one or two new liquid-fueled intercontinental ballistic missiles at the research facility.
ressTV-US detects new activity at North Korean missile site. Presstv
US spy agencies say North Korea is possibly building more intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBM) capable of reaching the United States.