The Kabul times, Afghanistan news, us, China & World News.
National

Commandos launch operation to push back Taliban from Kunduz city

By: The Kabul Times

KABUL: Afghan commandos have launched a clearance operation in Kunduz city to push back the Taliban, the Defense Ministry said.
According to the ministry, commandos have already cleared the General Raziq Square in the city and the offices of Afghan National Radio and Television (RTA).
An Afghan Special Forces commander, Taj Mohammad, says the Taliban has intensified its attacks on Kunduz city in the past 24 hours, but the group has suffered “heavy casualties.”
He assured Kunduz residents that the security forces will defend the city. So far no details have been given on casualties.
However, video footage posted to social media platforms shows some shops and a building caught fire during clashes on Sunday morning.

Related posts

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

The Kabul times, Afghanistan news, us, China & World News.