The Canadian government has said it is accepting 40,000 refugees from Afghanistan and urged other nations to step up their support to resettle refugees also.
“Canada is welcoming 40,000 refugees and we’re urging others to step up their support to safely resettle refugees, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said in a tweet.
This came after PM Trudeau interacted with leaders of the G20 about the situation in Afghanistan.
“Today, I spoke with G20 leaders about the situation in Afghanistan. The global community is committed to the protection of human rights, including of women and girls, and we will continue to use our voices to make sure Afghans have access to humanitarian assistance being provided,” the PM said in a series of tweets.
The Taliban after the siege of Afghanistan has been trying to portray a moderate image to the world in an attempt to gain international confidence but experts say that the scenes at the Kabul airport were proof that the terrorist group has returned to the same radical and violent mindset.
Afghanistan has plunged into an economic crisis after the Taliban’s takeover. The international communities said a humanitarian crisis looms in the country amid uncertainty about the situation for vulnerable Afghans seeking shelter across the country’s borders.
How to Apply for this Program?
To learn about the supportive measures that are available, we invite you to consult the following information.
If you, or your family members, are INSIDE Afghanistan:
· Until such a time that the security situation stabilizes, be mindful of the security environment and where possible, take the necessary steps to ensure your security and that of your family.
· We recommend that you do not move to the airport unless you receive instructions to do so from the Government of Canada and that you take the necessary precautions to shelter in place.
· IRCC continues to provide affected Afghan nationals, and their families, with information and support as it is available,
o IRCC continues to process applications on a priority basis toward finalization, as conditions allow, including for those who can safely leave Afghanistan,
o if you, or your immediate family, has an application in progress under a program for Afghans who assisted the Government of Canada, contact us by email [email protected]
· You are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident in Afghanistan who requires assistance?
o click here,
o we invite you to sign up the Registration of Canadians Abroad. Important emails are sent through this service.
If you, or your family members, are OUTSIDE Afghanistan:
· You were able to safely leave Afghanistan and need assistance?
o contact the nearest Canadian office abroad https://travel.gc.ca/
· You need information about the special programs for Afghan nationals?
o visit our website for the most up-to-date information (including who is eligible and how to apply),
§ Afghan nationals may also be eligible to apply to immigrate to Canada through other existing immigration programs, visit our website for information on these programs.
If you are currently in Canada:
· You a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person in Canada who would like to sponsor a family member?
o click here.
· You are an Afghan national who has a temporary resident status in Canada?
o click here.
We also invite you to visit our website regularly. More details will be posted when they become available.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your inquiry.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
please refer this news to those you loved.