Governor demands more fund to fight Corona in Daikundi

By: The Kabul Times

KABUL: A lockdown was imposed in central Daikundi province on Sunday to prevent the coronavirus spread in the province, a statement said on Sunday.
“All hotels, restaurants, food stalls, sport clubs, bathing centres and other places of public gatherings are closed to prevent the outbreak of coronavirus,” read a statement from the Nelli Municipality.
Governor Syed Anwar Rahmati, addressing a press conference, demanded the central government provide more funds to fight coronavirus in Daikundi. He said the allocated fund and resources for treatment of patients were not enough, saying one million Afghanis had been allocated to fight coronavirus in Daikundi province.
The governor asked people to adopt precautionary measures and avoid attending mass gathering otherwise violators would be dealt with in accordance with the law.
Eshaq Ali Darman, public health director, said one suspected coronavirus case had been registered in the province and blood sample taken from the 40-year-old individual had been sent to Kabul for test. According to him the first of Coronavirus patent was set to be discharged the other day after treatment in the local hospital.

Related posts

Dr. Sadat visits Helmand meets governor

Saida Ahmadi

Afghanistan to purchase 70,000 tons of wheat from Kazakhstan

Saida Ahmadi

Bagram attack interrupts US, Taliban talks in Doha

Saida Ahmadi
elementum Lorem dapibus neque. dolor. Sed ante. in diam nunc ut tempus