World

Ceasefire follows regime strikes on Syria’s Daraa amid renewed negotiations

Syrian opposition sources said on Friday that a ceasefire has been reached in southern Syria as a new round of negotiations began in the southern town of Busra al-Sham where four rounds of talks have been held since Saturday but failed to reach any agreement.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said earlier on Friday that Syrian regime warplanes raided the outskirts of the towns of Nasib, Tafas and Al-Naimah in southern Syria, adding that the warplanes dropped 10 explosive barrels on Daraa al-Balad.
Assad’s forces have launched a military operation on the Syrian-Jordanian border to reach the Nasib border crossing.
According to Hezbollah’s military media, nine border posts with Jordan within the administrative borders of Daraa have been captured by the regime forces.
Armoured vehicles and a tank with a Russian flag were seen heading towards the Nasib border crossing between Jordan and Syria, several witnesses near the crossing said on Friday.
They said they spotted a convoy on a military road heading towards the crossing in rebel hands which the Syrian army has been advancing towards since Thursday.
Several thousand displaced civilians are congregating near the frontier area seeking shelter from heavy Russian aerial bombardment of their towns and villages in Daraa province.
Alarabiya

Related posts

Iran says will work with any government formed in Iraq

Saida Ahmadi

France vows support for Syria militants amid US pullout

Saida Ahmadi

Indonesia on alert as death toll from devastating tsunami rises

Saida Ahmadi